Monday, August 30, 2010

Idiot's Guide to Social Media Marketing review

I finally finished reading "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Social Media Marketing." Overall, I must say it is a great book and a must read for anyone just getting started with social media marketing. It gives great step by step instructions on how to set up profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Myspace, and YouTube. It also explains how to interact on these platforms and build a following. It is very easy to understand, and the author often emphasizes that results won't happen over night, so pace yourself.

The author also encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and do things you might not otherwise do. For example, I made my first YouTube video just the other day! I'm no Antoine Dodson, but it was worth a shot. One valuable take away is the book includes a sample day by day schedule to help you get started managing your time and efforts. I was pleasantly surprised by this book and do recommend it.

This weekend my husband and I traveled to Tallahassee to spend some time with family. It is always important to take time out and regroup. I also had another board meeting, as we are in the process of developing a new web-based company. Our focus will be to help 501 c 3 organizations create a web presence and brand themselves through print, web, and social media marketing. Right now we are trying to come up with a name for the company. If you have any suggestions feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment