Saturday, October 2, 2010

Freelancing on oDesk

I ventured out into the freelance world this week. My first stop was O-desk. I must say I am impressed with the service. Initially, I was going to sign up at Elance, but the site was down for maintenance. I found O-desk to be very easy to use and set up. You can either sign up as an employer or contractor or both. This time around I signed up as a contractor.

You simply fill out your profile listing your resume and portfolio. Next, you watch a few videos to help you understand the system and take a short quiz to ensure you are prepared. One thing I like about it is you are able to take hundreds of tests to showcase your skills on your profile for free. Other freelance sites require you to pay to take skills tests.

I was able to land 2 contracts my very first day on there. Overall, O-desk is a great site. I'm going to check out a few other sites this week, hopefully I'll be just as successful.

In other news, the website for Truly Healed Inc. is coming along quite nicely just in time for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The new site will have a community feel to it, providing information and resources on breast cancer, as well as a forum where users will be able to share their stories and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment